Sunday, August 11, 2013

My Sleepless Weekends Just Aren't What They Used To Be

I've never been a drinker, but for years and years I was a folk dancer (to a limited extent, I still am, but the herniated disc curbs much of it).
There were weekends at festivals where I had almost no sleep: 5-mile parade in the mid-morning, 3 short performances in the afternoon, full show that night followed by dancing with the other groups until 3:00 AM, bus ride back to the dorm.  It was awesome. :D
In contrast, over the last four days, I've had a TOTAL of roughly 8 hours sleep (altogether, not per night).  That's just like the old days, true.  But, if I add that I'm to the point now where I'm REALLY looking forward to my root canal on Monday, I think you'll get a better picture of my current sleepless nights.
*stares dazedly at computer screen*  *tries to ignore throbbing sensation on right side of face*

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, staying up all night used to be fun. Here's hoping you get some sleep soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you, may all go well at the dentist! Hope afterwards you'll sleep well!

    ReplyDelete