The rules are as follows:
1. Go to page 77 of your current MS
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next 7 lines - sentences or paragraphs - and post them as they're written. No cheating
4. Tag 7 authors
5. Let them know
I have a few problems with these. One is that my most in-progress work in progress (WIP) is only up to page 73. (This would be The (Dis)Appearance of Nerissa MacKay.)I had to go to page 67 and proceed with the rest of the directions from there. Here's what I got:
When the tea was fairly cool, I strained it into a spray bottle and prepared myself for the hardest part of keeping Auntie Jane in a deep slumber: I had to spray it over her without waking her up and getting caught.
I squirted a little extra WD-40 on her office door, just in case, and held my breath while I opened it. Perfect.
I sighed and slipped into the darkness of Jane’s office.
In this scene, Nerissa has mixed up an herbal sleeping potion to keep her aunt from catching her while she sneaks out to "catch" a "ghost." Unfortunately, the potion works a little TOO well..... :)
The other problem is that I don't actually know seven authors who read this blog. Let's see how many I can come up with.
1. Eve, but I think she's too busy to do this.
2. R. Mac Wheeler, but, again, I'm not sure if he's does this sort of stuff.
3. Creepy Query Girl, but her last post just complained that she's too busy.
4. Brigid. Yeah, I think she'll play along.
5. Michael, but I don't think he does this sort of thing. Maybe.
6. Liz, who might play along.
7. And Jo, but she's seems really busy lately, too.
But let's not leave anyone out. If any of you want to play along with Martin's game, feel free to post about it and drop a link into the comments here.