Monday, March 12, 2012

Let Me Introduce You To One Of My Favorite Authors: Gail Carriger

Gail Carriger writes steampunk with a paranormal twist.  How cool is that?

I discovered her Parasol Protectorate series a year or so ago.  I still haven't read the last one yet (Timeless), but I have enjoyed every page of the first four.  Alexia Tarrabotti is such a non-fainting, intelligent, and resourceful heroine that I can't help but be enchanted with her.  Plus, her husband is a werewolf and her best buddy is a campy gay vampire.  Oh, and she herself has no soul.  Gotta love all that.
I notice also that her website indicates Carriger's got two more series starting up in 2013, so there will be more to read.
Really, if you like paranormal with humor instead of teen angst and sparkly abusive, brooding males, or if you like steampunk, you ought to give Carriger's works a try.  I became a devoted fan after only a few chapters.

No comments:

Post a Comment