Thursday, March 22, 2012

This Just Brightened My Day

I've been battling a migraine since 1:00 AM today, and I was just heading off to bed (8:00 PM) when I checked my e-mail and found a twitter message had been directed toward me.
It was from Eric.  The REAL Eric on whom I based Eric Wright in Confessions of an Average Half-Vampire nearly 9 years ago.
You see, I joined twitter over the weekend, and, since they freakin' MAKE you follow 15 people just to register, I found my blog buddy Max, and through him my former student Chris (who also makes cameos in Half-Vamp, as he was the inspiration for the character Tim), and through Chris, I found Eric -- and signed up to follow him.
I hadn't sent him any tweets, but I soon noticed he'd signed up to follow me, so that was nice.
Then, tonight there was this:
 Not only did I just buy your book on Amazon earlier this week, I was literally collecting vials of sheep's blood at work today.
Hilarious!
He works in a lab doing AIDS research, so he's not kidding about the sheep's blood.  But somehow this just amuses me to no end this evening.
Sheep's blood. *giggle*
Irony abounds. :)

5 comments:

  1. Coincidence? I think not. He IS your character and you are writing a biography. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is pretty awesome! Hope your headache subsided.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a good chuckle from that. How nice to hear from old friends.

    ReplyDelete