Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Proof Copy Came Today!!!

Today I worked 12 hours: teaching, coaching academic team, then doing hair and make up for the school play.  I was exhausted.  But there waiting for me at home was the package from Create Space!!!!
Yeehaw!
I felt like doing Snoopy's suppertime dance.  After all, I've worked on this book for eight long years, and now I FINALLY get to hold a printed copy in my hands!!!  Wow.  So unbelievably cool.
My family said it was "nice."
Sigh.
I've gazed at its glory for 15 minutes straight, and they call it "nice."  Not quite sharing my excitement, eh?
Fine.  I can get my students psyched up about it tomorrow.  They'll think it's cool.
In the meantime, I think I'll have to put it next to the alarm clock so it'll be there for me to check that it's real when I wake up in the morning.  :)

8 comments:

  1. And a huge congratulations to you! Your excitement comes through loud and clear in your post, and I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Max!
    Once I approve this copy, the book will be for sale. I'm going to buy you a copy since you put in a lot of work for me. (If you don't want to keep it, I'm sure it'll be a nice addition to your school's library.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. NICE? That's family for you. Let the kids at school share the excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Review Update:

    I've done the review and sent it to Hub and Writing Raw. There are no guarantees they'll publish the review, but I'll also add it to Amazon.

    It was a good book for an adult to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I think I'll keep it. Sentimental value and all that. Plus I just like books, especially when I'm a personal friend of the author. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Max. That's sweet.
    Martin, awesome! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Can't wait to hold one in my hands too.

    ReplyDelete