Saturday, September 17, 2011

I Need Book Reviews!

Okay, people, I know you're out there.  You're buying Half-Vampire.  And lots of you have either e-mailed or told me in person that you LIKED it.
So where are the book reviews?
C'mon, Mylorac sent one by way of Tempppo, but no one has yet posted anything on Amazon or on their blog.
Sure, there are book review sites where I can send a book for a review, but most of them want print copies, and I'm still working on formatting the POD version (in between grading essays and doing mid-terms).  How about a little public support, people?  If you're telling ME you liked the book, can't you tell the rest of the world, too?  Please?
I'd like to hear something besides crickets while I battle formatting issues and try to get the bookmarks ready to roll.

10 comments:

  1. Hey Lisa!! I wanted to share this link (http://www.stepbystepselfpublishing.net/reviewer-list.html) which is basically a list of a million reviewers. I emailed a whole bunch and got 6 who are going to review my book, Double Clutch in the next few months. By the way, I'm heading to Kindle, buying your book, reading it, and I PROMISE I will put a review up on Amazon! (I've been having the exact same issues; emails that are making me dance with joy, but few Amazon posts.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks! I really appreciate this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem...by the way, started your book, and my stomach is growling for poor Eric! Hahaha! You have captured middle school awkwardness TO PERFECTION! I know how important it is to get word out there, and each good review will (hopefully) encourage other readers. Okay, I have to see how poor Eric makes out...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! You are totally making my day!

    And as for junior high awkwardness, well, thanks -- but I'm surrounded by it 180 days a year, so I am pretty familiar with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVED IT! (And put up a REVIEW, of course!) Eric was so adorably clueless and was definitely a hero worth rooting for! Can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Plan on posting a review this next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea!
    And thank you both.
    Elizabeth, I'm so glad you figured out that Eric is clueless. He's especially clueless about girls -- which is what makes him seem real, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And to add to the general 'boys just don't get it-ness' was the fact that he was juggling vampirism! I just fell in love with him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. my review is under the name "Jonypalmseed". Sorry for making you ask for the review -- I am not in the habit of writing them and it takes such a long time to say what I want in just the way I want to say it. (I don't think I should ever become a novelist.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, bless you, Tempppo.
    And happy birthday this week. :)

    ReplyDelete