1) Even if the only step-by-step guides I can find in the forums are for Word, it's still a whole lot simpler to do the same formatting things in Pages.
2) Changing the font size from 12 point to 11 point Times New Roman takes over 100 pages off of a 6"x9" book.
3) Copying and pasting the text from 8 1/2"x 11" to any other size text will still mess up nearly every line break and cause random italics (only a few) to disappear.
4) Changing the format from left-justified to right-and-left-justified will mess up all the paragraph indentations.
5) I do not even need a table of contents. No YA fiction I've currently got checked out from libraries even has a table of contents.
6) The whole process of fixing all the margins, paragraph indentations, and line breaks is every bit as time-consuming as I feared it would be. (And I haven't even tackled custom page numbers yet. Sigh.)
7) Putting the format into "facing pages" makes it tons easier not to mess up on the look of the book! :)
8) Okay, so I can't yet figure out how not to number the blank pages....... grrr.... But at least I figured out that if I center the page numbers, I won't have to worry about getting them on the outside corners of the pages, flipping from right to left!