Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Best-Laid Schemes O Mice An Men Gang Aft Agley......

And Robert Burns didn't even have to deal with computers.
Yeah.
You'll notice that it's been 10 days since I last posted.  That's 10 days since I said that Half-Vampire would be e-published "tomorrow."  Well, tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow has crept in its petty pace from day to day to the last syllable of MacBeth, and I still haven't published the e-book.
The short version of the explanation would be "technical difficulties."  The long version involves a hard drive, an external hard drive, a flash drive, glitches in Kindle app for Mac, missing John Denver mp3s, a very nice fellow named Tyson, a really looooong meeting at school, a blue tote bag, una paloma blanca, and very possibly a small and dainty poodle.  Trust me; it's been a heck of a week.
The good news is that it may be one week from today that I get the book up on Amazon.  In the meantime, I'm going to work on the Nerissa material and the new, unnamed project (which may eventually amount to nothing but scribbles in a notebook, which is all it is right now).  And book marks.  I want to design Half-Vampire bookmarks for swag.
In fact, maybe I'll go and do that right now, as there are no papers to grade yet.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lisa,
    Thanks for the comment on my blog! :) That was a pleasantly unexpected surprise.

    Good luck with your self-publishing endeavors. It sounds like you're working hard on them. Can't wait to see the swag you design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The design is done, but I'm having trouble getting it to work with the templates! Ugh!
    Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete