Monday, August 8, 2011

Cover Problems

As I put the finishing touches on the Half-Vampire manuscript, I run into more and more problems.  Sigh.
Last night I spent a couple of hours getting the chapters positioned correctly and writing up the copyright page (with all the threats about "Don't even think about suing me for using your ears/hairstyle/mother's maiden name in this book"), trying to contact my formatter and two copy editors to see if/how they wished to be acknowledged, and fixing up a table of contents (which I hope will actually LINK in the Kindle version).  I finally got to bed around midnight.
I was just dozing off when it suddenly hit me that I'd never made a full cover for the actual printed book.  Somehow, I'd forgotten that actual books have a back cover.  Duh.  Well, that kept me awake for an extra hour (that and the fact that some obnoxious person was having a LOUD cellphone conversation within window-distance of me.  ugh.).
This evening I sat down to create a "full" cover for the printed book, then found that I could not do so with either iPhoto or  I tried downloading pixelmator (which looks wonderful), but I found that my 2-year-old laptop is not sophisticated enough for the program, and it won't run.
Here's hoping that Max has the right stuff on his computer, as he's much better at this sort of thing (messing with computers) than I am.  He and I have Thursday set aside to tackle all this, so I may have books available to sell by next week.  *fingers figuratively crossed*
(Note: To see the e-covers, just click on the "The Books" tab at the top of the page.)

No comments:

Post a Comment