Today Dad and I worked on the covers for two of my upcoming releases. I think we made some definite progress, even given the limited photo software I own. (I've got to get the pixelmator app.)
Here's the temp cover of All in the Half-Vampire Family:
And here's how it looks now:
Since I already know what the back needs to look like, it shouldn't take Max long to get this one into form for me. And then, seriously, I'm maybe one more revision away from getting this thing into a proof copy at Create Space.
Here's the old cover of Becoming Brigid (with lettering I never really liked):
And here's how we fixed it up today:
Now, if I can just figure out how to get the back cover for Brigid to look like I want it to, then Max can set it up for the 6"x9" for me, and I'll just about be ready to start making proof copies on Create Space.
In other fantastic news, the 5th proof copy of Half-Vampire -- the replacement one for #4 where they left off 95 pages -- arrived today. This means that over the weekend, I've got to grade papers, have academic team practice, clean the house, copy edit Half-Vampire ONE MORE TIME, revise Brigid, edit/revise HV Family, and read a galley copy of a book sent to me by an author who needs a review. Hey, no sweat. (NOT.)