Saturday, January 14, 2012

Photo Mysteries: A Writers' Game #6 (with a new twist!)

During the second week of December, we played a little game on this blog -- a game wherein I posted a photo, and as many folks as would comment came up with the shortest of the short flash fiction for the photo: a title and one sentence that came from your "story" inspired by the photo.  (You can find several examples by going through this link.)
I'd like to try that game again.  But this time, let's add in the weekly theme from one of the blogs I follow.  I have several cyberfriends who participate in a weekly photosharing theme hosted by the Canadian journalist who blogs as Carmi.  He usually posts a new theme early in each week, but I just now realized we could play along here, give it a writer's twist, and maybe make some new friends on this blog as well by getting visitors who normally wouldn't drop by a writing blog.
(If you'd like to read more about Carmi's weekly themes, click here.)

This week's theme: After Dark

My photo:


My story title to go with the photo: One Night At The Zoo
My single line from the story:  "This is odd," Anne muttered after pushing through the gate.  "Are those spots on the leopard actually shifting colors?"

Your turn!
Please play along by giving your own title and single line from your story in the comments section.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, that is an awesome photo. Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello!

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, have to think for a bit. All that comes to mind is a scene from the TV show "Without A Trace", and all my ideas are just copies of that episode. But I'll come up with something for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photo - but it's too late in the evening for thinking hard, so I'll pass on your game in the meantime

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool photo - but like Catherine, I've done thinking for today.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's mine, "A Zebra in the lead, even after dark, hardly ever seen!"... I just now read your little twist to Carmi's TP...and this may catch on, it's a great idea, for those game enough to try....and Max have you seen the new show....Unforgettable? If you liked Without A Trace you might like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Giraffe, giraffe. Cheetah, cheetah. But what is that . . . *thing* between the zebras?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know, but I have another photo -- taken a second or two later -- wherein someone is clearly riding a preying mantis.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Title: Alive
    First Line: Out of the corner of her eye, Frances was certain she saw the leopard move.

    ReplyDelete