Saturday, August 25, 2012

Somebody Didn't Pay Attention During 9th-Grade English

I received a tweet last night about the book My Super-Sweet Sixteenth Century (which is on my TBR list).  The tweet said:

...the romance was greater than Romeo and Juliet, or at least, it was really close to being it!

Uh, so is this person implying that more than 6 people in Rachel Harris' new book die because of the immaturity and impulsiveness of a hormone-fueled pair of teenagers?  Or did the person tweeting just never actually read/see/think about Romeo and Juliet?
I haven't had a chance to read Harris' book yet, but it sure doesn't sound like a tragedy to me.
And this tweet sounds like more of an insult than a compliment.

2 comments:

  1. Funny how Romeo & Juliet and Samson & Delilah are held up as the epitome of romance.

    ReplyDelete