Saturday, January 28, 2012

Versatile Blogging And Recovering From Plumbing

Earlier this week, Martin, from Sand To Glass, graciously awarded me with  the Versatile Blogger Award, something I haven't had since I shut down my personal blog about a year ago.
I'm mentioning it now, as I have spent most of this week battling plumbing problems in my after-school time.  Today, a RotoRooter employee spent 2 1/2 hours banging away on the pipes -- and I now have a functioning bathtub again, although my checking account is $400 flatter.  I have not yet finished ALL the cleanup, as the plumber had to remove a panel, saw off an old canister, cut and fit a whole new set of pipes to replace what was sawed off, then spend 30 minutes snaking out the clog afterward.  The removal of the panel sent paint and wood chips flying, and the removal of the canister sent sludge gushing all over the bathroom -- including the walls.  After an hour of scrubbing, my mops and towels were so filthy that I had to stop and wash them before continuing.  At this point in cleaning, I pause to do a pleasant bit of blogging and thank Martin (and listen to a bit of Boney M to cheer myself up).

Upon receiving this, I am to:
1. In a post on your blog, nominate up to 15 fellow bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
2. In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award.
3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
 


Having now thanked my loyal blogfriend Martin and posted the pic and rules, I am now to nominate people.
This part is difficult.  Most of the blogs I read are not very versatile; they're all about books, and they all tend to repeat each other.
I could nominate Max, but he's already gotten this award before.  I could nominate Tempppo, but she just moved and is unlikely to have much time for such things as this.  I could nominate Resident Alien, as hers is a truly versatile blog, but she never posts about such things as trendy as this; her blog is truly her own.  And, Martin, of course, already has the award.
Really, I can't think of a single blogger who would care about this who hasn't already received the award.  I, therefore, will have to let it rest as is.
Now for the required 7 random things about me:
1. I can twirl a baton rather well.  I learned how in 5th grade and performed in a couple of assemblies in grade school.  I still have two batons stored in the closet, and I still remember all my old tricks.
2. My most-often played iTunes tracks of instrumental music are all by Scott Joplin.
3. The smallest airplane on which I have flown was a 22 seater flying between Puerto Rico and St. Thomas Island in the Caribbean.
4. I loathe the smell of geraniums.
5. When I lived in Scotland, I really missed eating Mexican food, as it was extremely hard to find the ingredients there, and there were no decent Mexican restaurants.
6. For my first year of undergrad studies at age 18, my part time job was giving birthday parties at a McDonald's restaurant.  I learned to make balloon animals, decorate frozen cakes, and clean exploded ketchup packets off of stucco walls.
7. I don't really like zombie stories.

There you go: seven random things about me, ranging from geraniums to zombies.
I have to go and finish scrubbing the bathroom now.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations :)
    I'm totally with you on the smell of geraniums...
    My first undergrad job was as an elevator operator in an upmarket department store. And yes, I had to recite what was on each floor as we reached it. The best part of the job was - no, can't tell that story in a public forum ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the scrubbing, and if you need any extra towels, I've got a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Balloon animals? Cool. That's something that has always eluded me. What was the animal you were most asked to make?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't remember. Sorry. I remember making a lot of poodles and snake hats, though, so perhaps those were the favorites. Unfortunately, I can no longer recall how to twist these into shape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was fun to read. And, thanks for thinking of me. You are very gracious. But versatility, I'm afraid, is limited only to my geographic location in recent years. Still, it is nice to be thought of.

    ReplyDelete