Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Photo Mysteries: A Writers' Game #8

During January, we're playing a writers' game in connection with Carmi's photo themes posted each Monday over at Written Inc.  Carmi chooses a theme and posts his own (usually amazing) photo, then he offers his readers the chance to share theirs.  But here on this blog we add a writing twist to it.  I give you a photo that fits Carmi's theme, then I add a story title that looks like it might go with the photo and a single line from that otherwise non-existent story.  My readers then share their own versions in the comments.
Want some examples?  Well, you can click here for last week's, or click here for the very first one we tried back in December to get some ideas.
Ready to play?  Okay, here's my photo for Carmi's theme this week, which is "Movement."

My story title is: "The Dance Lesson"
My single line is: "Dora was already beginning to regret wearing the purple socks."

Your turn!  Post your own story titles and single lines in the comments section. :)

P.S. Don't forget to enter my e-book giveaway!

13 comments:

  1. Title: The Ball.
    First line: No matter how hard they tried, the teachers just couldn't get the rhythm, and the photographer had to hide behind his camera in case they saw him laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this - and a very original idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of Jenny Joseph poem, 'When I'm an old woman I shall wear purple.' All I need is a red hat! 1-2-3 together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. I know that woman well enough to know she'd love a red hat to go with her purple tights.

      Delete
  4. I love the shot - the facial expressions are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is cool, is it your school? Okay, title and single line. My title is : An Unsurpassed Talent For-Seizing Attention

    My one single line : You may think she's rolling her eyes at Miss Sexy-tights when she's really focused on the skills and deceptions of Principal(social-lion) Harry Canary who's not pictured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it was taken at Pollock Halls, a uni housing area in Edinburgh, Scotland, during a ceilidh held for international university students attending a summer program.

      Delete
    2. That sounds like an interesting adventure.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for playing the game, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really not a caption, but that gym looks like the old high school gym where I went to school. It was built during the Great Depression.
    I had a flashback when I saw those stone walls.
    R

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad it brought back a memory, but I assure you that the building is not a gym, but a ballroom, and the rest of the architecture looks very late 1960s. And it's in Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Title: Steppin' Out

    The dance party was a-hoppin',
    The Purple Tights were a-rockin',
    and Larry in his kilt was just a-swingin' round the room.

    ReplyDelete