Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Photo Mysteries: A Writers' Game #24

I had to skip this game last week because I couldn't think of a darned thing that fit Carmi's theme AND met my own criteria.  But this week is easy.
Carmi, journalist extraordinaire at Written Inc, has selected "Welcome, Summer" as his theme for the week.  Everyone who joins in his photo theme will have summer pics.
But here on my blog, we add a writers' game to it (although you do not have to be a writer to play, as long as you can write a comment).  I post a pic that fits Carmi's theme, then I add a title and a single line of a story to go with it.  Then you join in with your own titles and lines, adding them in the comments section.   Here's a good sample for you to see how it works, if you're new to this.

Okay, let's do it.
Here's my selected photo (with "helpful" text):

My title: Goddess of the Sun
Single line: Most scientists scoffed at the idea that worship of the Frida, Goddess of the Sun, was causing global warming, but they did not understand Guido's true powers to call down heat from the heavens.

Okay.  It's YOUR TURN.
Add your own titles and single lines -- inspired by this lovely photo, of course -- in the comments section.

7 comments:

  1. Helicopter Rescue.

    Why are they leaving me here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Title: Duck Hunting

    - It was only at the last moment that Frank realised he'd forgotten his gun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Fatalist
    "I know salt water conducts electricity, but if you're going to commit suicide by lightning bolt, pick a day where there is at least one cloud in the sky."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa ~~ Nice Summer Thermatic! :)
    I am glad to find out about 'Guido's true powers to call down heat from the heavens.' Here I have been asking here and there to my friends to do this.
    Know I know. Thank you, Lisa.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seethed Tourist


    He stood arms raised and fingers reaching helplessly beneath the immense canopy of a rich blue sky, while screaming obscenities at a laughing gull that just soiled his shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these guys are all too clever for me! 2 more days of school before a two-week holiday. I'm hoping it will kick-start my brain!

    ReplyDelete